Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10

Saturday, January 22, 2011

WELCOME!!

Welcome to my first blog! I have wanted to do this for awhile, but kept putting it off. So here goes!! I chose the name "A Heart Wide Open" because that is who I am as an individual, a wife, a mom, a teacher, a pastor's wife, family member, and friend. I hope that my life is an open book to all!


Over the last few months of my life, things have really been put into perspective. I have always thought of myself as a doer: someone who has to be on the run, doing things, serving others, and requiring little rest. God sees things that we do not!! While I live my life with God in the pilot's seat, sometimes it is hard to give over that complete control. I am learning that through trials and turmoils, God is teaching me to slow down, get life into perspective, get my priorities in line, and to "be still and know that I AM GOD." (Psalm 46:10). He is also teaching me that His timing is perfect, and that I cannot survive on my own strength but through His strength. I'm learning that we are not promised another minute on this Earth, but I do have the promises from my Heavenly Father that He will never leave me nor forsake me! It is amazing how we make plans, even far into the future, we spend time searching and planning out everything, and yet many times His plan is nothing like what we have in mind. One of my favorite scriptures is Jeremiah 29:11 - 13:  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." It's scary to turn over everything and to not be in control; however, He sees all and knows all, and is working everything to our good (when we love Him).


Stay tuned...the story of Tranquility amid Turmoil to follow: Our testimony of God's work in our lives!


God is Good, All the Time ~ All the Time, God is Good!

1 comment: