Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10

Friday, January 28, 2011

I CHOOSE...(continued)

This excerpt from Max Lucado's books is continued from yesterday. Read yesterday's blog for the beginning. It is a way to look at the Fruit of the Spirit in a new way. It's all about choices. What choice will you make today?

I CHOOSE KINDNESS...
I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone.
Kind to the rich, for they are afraid, and kind to
the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I CHOOSE GOODNESS...
I will go without a dollar
before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked
before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse.
I choose goodness.

I CHOOSE FAITHFULNESS...
Today I will keep my promises.
My debtors will not regret their trust. My associates
will not question my word. My wife/husband will not
question my love. And my children will never fear
that their father/mother will not come home.

I CHOOSE GENTLENESS...
Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle.
If I raise my voice may it be only in praise.
If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer.
If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.

I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL...
I am a spiritual being...
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.
I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal.
I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy.
I will be impassioned only by my faith.
I will be influenced only by God.
I will be taught only by Christ
I choose self-control.

Love, joy peace, patience,kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
To these I commit my day.
If I succeed, I will give thanks.
If I fail, I will seek His grace.

And then, when this day is done,
I will place my head on my pillow
and rest.

__________________
Max Lucado
When God Whispers Your Name

No comments:

Post a Comment