Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DO YOU RECOGNIZE THE VOICE?

I can be in a crowded room, at church, in the mall, etc. and when I hear that voice say, "Mama!" I know who it belongs to; I turn and there is Ashley waiting for my reply. I can be walking through a store and hear someone speaking an dknwo that voice belongs to my husband, Ronny; even if he's aisles away.


We know so much about those we are closest to; their favoice color, favorite food, tv show, etc. How well do you know those clsest to you? Do you recognize their voices?


God knows you like that! He created you in His image and knows you like none other. He recognizes your voice. Psalm 139 tells how much He truly knows us:


You have searched me, Lord, and you KNOW me.
You KNOW when I sit an dwhen I rise;
youperceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue,
you, Lord, KNOW it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Read the rest of Psalm 139. He knows you oh so well! He created you! You are not an accident! he watched you as you were being formed. How amazing is His love for us; and yet I have to ask: do you regonize His voice? His presence?

The way we grow to know someone so intimately is by spending time with them, having constant converstaions, learning about one another, studying, etc. That's what He wants of us--to talk with Him to study His word, to learn more about Him to talk with other about Him and share what He is doing in our lives.

If you don't know Him, all you have to do is clal on Him. Romans 10:13 says, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Don't wait! Seek Him - "Get to know God. When you do, you will never be the same" (The Christian Athiest, by Craig Groeschell).

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment