Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tranquility Amid Turmoil: Our Testimony

In the last year, life has taken some sharp turns for our family. We lost my mother-in-law, Bonnie, a wonderful lady: mother, granny, and friend! We have been trying to settle things with her home place, etc. Next, my dad became very ill and was hospitalized and gave us all quite a scare. After a busy summer, my sister-in-law and family moved in with us and has been going through her own set of turmoils. We love and care for her dearly, but hate to see the hurt that she and her family are going through.


If all of that is not enough, along with trying to keep up with the everyday life of being a wife, a mom, a teacher, and a pastor's wife, I began testing in October/November for pain in my joints and muscles. I'm being treated for fibromyalgia, but in the process was being checked for MS. An MRI was performed, and while MS was not present, a meningioma (brain tumor) in the frontal lobe of my brain was present. We then began testing for cancer. Praise God -- NO CANCER!


He heard our cries and answered our prayers. Again, although we may not understand what He is trying to teach us, His plan is perfect. This meningioma (benign brain tumor), has edema (swelling), and must be removed. For someone who has never had a major surgery, broken bone, or any severe illnesses...well, let's just say, this has taken me back a little. A neurosurgeon from Little Rock will be removing the tumor on March 3rd.


God has been good though! If there is a "good" brain tumor to be had, I have it--as it is in the easiest, most safe place to be. Recovery should be fairly simple: REST! I have had no symptoms yet, and he expects no complications.


Life has been placed into perspective. For the person who runs and does all the time, God sees fit for me to sit down, be still, and rest. To say I'm not scared would be an understatement. I am very scared; however, we are placing this in His hands, and believing in His power and strength. He can choose to remove the tumor and heal me even before surgery! One prayer has already been answered -- and MRI will be performed the morning of surgery. We had been told that no other MRIs would be performed.


Ronny, Ashley, and I, along with a host of friends and family, are just waiting to celebrate in whatever God chooses to do in this situation. We will either go home with no tumor, or I will use this turmoil to witness to others.


Tranquility Amid Turmoil: "Jesus said, Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."    ~John 14:27


As we have been faced with some difficult storms in our lives over these last few months, we are learning that we are not in control, but God is the one in the driver's seat. He did not give this to me, but is allowing this storm in our life for this season. He is teaching us some lessons about faith, trust, dependence on Him, and rest. We do have a peace while going through this time in our life!! I don't know how people without Christ and Christian family & friends survive these storms! Join with us in prayer!!


God is Good, all the time --- All the time, God is Good!


    "Serenity is not freedom from the storm,
      but peace amid the storm."  ~Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment