Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Life Perspective

Today has made me step back and look at my life. God has so richly blessed me with a wonderful family. In the last month, I know of at least 7 children who have lost parents. Two former students lost their mother (and had lost their dad years ago). Another incident: four boys lost their dad yesterday, then less than 24 hours later, lost their mother this morning. I know of yet another who lost their mother today. All of these adults who lost their lives are under the age of 40ish.


I realize that we are not guaranteed another day, or minute on this earth. So I have to sit, think, and ask: Am I making the most of everything I do? Is my relationship with God the best that it can be? Is my relationship with my family and friends as it should be? Am I living my life like I have the next 40 years, or am I living as though I don't have much time left?


This is a time for reflection. What can I do better? I can love more, forgive more, and do everything possible to share the love of Jesus Christ with everyone I meet!! I must look at what is important and eternal and concentrate on those things. I can make sure that not a day goes by without letting my family know how important they are to me and how much I love them! I can make sure that my friends know that I love and care about them. I can also make sure I'm spending time in conversation with my Heavenly Father.


So the question goes out to you: Are you living as though you have a lifetime, or are you living as though today were your last day? What can you do better?


1 Chronicles 29:15 says, "Our days on earth are like a shadow."


Father:
I choose to live my life in a way that glorifies You! I don't have much time here to make a difference. Help me as a wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, and teacher that I do everything I can to make a difference! Sometimes the busyness of life distracts me and keeps me from seeing what is most important. I pray that I don't miss an opportunity sitting in front of my face to show love because I'm so worried about meeting a deadline or assignment. Today I begin to look at my life in a new way. As important as learning is, I pray that I don't miss the chance to show love to my students and meet the needs that they might be experiencing. Help me to see the needs of others, and realize that as I help and serve others, I'm also serving You. I pray that I don't get too busy to stop to tell my family & friends I love them and appreciate all that they are to me!! Most importantly, I pray that my relationship with You continues to grow and become stronger, not stagnate. I want my life to be ever pleasing to You! Be my guide as I put life into perspective!


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment