Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I CHOOSE...

Our days are different. Some of us are morning people, some are not. Some of us hit the floor running and never stop til evening. Some of us take in the activities and rest of each day. Sometimes our days are filled with the hustle and bustle around us and the busyness of life. We have deadlines to meet, errands to run, and decisions to make. We will be faced with many demands.

From Max Lucado's When God Whispers Your Name:
(I love this outlook on the Fruit of the Spirit)

It is now that I must make a choice. Because of Calvary, I'm free to choose. And so I choose.

I CHOOSE LOVE...
No occasion justifies hatred;
no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love.
Today I will love God and what God loves.

I CHOOSE JOY...
I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance.
I will refuse the temptation to be cynical..
the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see
people as anything less than human beings,
created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as
anything less than an opportunity to see God.

I CHOOSE PEACE...
I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.

I CHOOSE PATIENCE...
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world.
Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll
invite him to do so. Rather than complain that the
wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment
to pray. Instead of clinching my fist at new
assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment