Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friends and Learning in The Big Apple

One of my favorite places to go is NYC! So many cultures in one spot. Ronny, Ashley, and I spent a week and a few days in Philadelphia (most of the time there), and in NYC. We had so much fun exploring this city.


As a teacher, I have been able to attend Teacher's College Reading and Writing Project at Columbia University. The learning is amazing!! Lots of work to keep us busy, even homework! However, we do have time at night to explore some of the sights of the city. Some ladies, I teach with, and I, were able to do this last February. It was amazing trekking through the snow and cold to explore the College and the City! I have attached a collage of our trip.


I'm looking forward to heading back there in a couple of weeks. I'm excited to see what type of learning and exploring is in store for this year!! I think common core standards along with reading and writing in the content area. I know to most this doesn't sound interesting, however, to teachers, we thrive on new learning!


As far as exploring the city at night, we are seeing Spiderman on Broadway (hopefully no accidents!) and possibly Jon Bon Jovi at Madison Square Garden (that's for my friend April!), and sight seeing from the top of the Empire State Building (a beautiful night view). Let's not forget amazing food from Little Italy, and need we leave out NYC Cheesecake!! I need to enjoy the food of the Big Apple, because six days upon returning is my surgery--either no appetite, no food, or hospital food!!

I "heart" NY

No comments:

Post a Comment