Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Who is in control?

"Be Still and know that I am God..."  ~Psalm 46:10

What does this mean? To be "still? the word still comes from a Hebrew word meaning to “let go” or “release" or "to be come weak." We have to come to a point where we realize that we are not in control of our lives. We do not have the strength or capabilities to do everything on our own! It is through His strength that we can move mountains in our lives. We need to step back and realize that He is God! We need to let go of the things we hang on to, and let Him have them!

On days like today, in fact in weeks such as this, when we have been forced to stay in our homes, off of the streets, and to sit and relax, I realize He is in control He is saying, slow down, spend time with your family, and do not worry about what tomorrow holds, because I am God!

I have found myself worrying about my students being ready for the end of the year test. I have been counting down the days that I have to get them ready, and it seems like God has other plans. My days, keep getting cut short. My plans keep getting knocked down. I get frustrated and don't understand. Then perspective comes in again. Maybe his plan is to slow me down, work on my blood pressure, to give me time with my family, to show me that He is in control.
Thank you God, for the time you have give us to catch our breaths, focus on You, focus on one another, and just rest.

"Be Still and know that I am God..."  ~Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment